Bring bushcraft and nature conservation to your class or youth group, get your children outdoors and learning in the fresh air where we can cover many bushcraft skills and introduce children to the wonders of nature without leaving the grounds of your own school or meeting place.
I can provide one off workshops or work with your teachers/leaders to put together a programme building upon skills as they develop.
Choose from the list below or contact me to discuss your requirements.
I supply all the necessary tools, materials and equipment and come rain or shine the activities will take place in a location of your choosing regardless of the weather conditions.
- Location – your school/group meeting place or another place of your choosing
- Duration – 1-2 hours
- Number of participants – negotiable, email to discuss
- Cost – negotiable, email to discuss
- Subjects can include;
- Basic knife skills
- Use of saws and sustainable harvesting of materials
- Basic axe skills
- Fire lighting
- Emergency and manmade shelters
- Natural shelters
- Spoon carving
- Making string from natural materials
- Bark weaving
- Fire by friction – bow drill
- Water collection and purification
- Paracord bracelets and other crafts
- Tool care
- Making animal homes (Bird boxes, bat boxes, insect homes, hedgehog houses etc)
- Designing and planting nature areas
- Tree identification and uses
- Plant identification and uses